Our Favorite (wanna be) mixologist Ricky swears by this recipie for Spiked Horchata.
To start make the Horchata, you can also use the store bought kind.
- 1 cup uncooked white long-grain rice
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup rum, or to taste
- Pour the rice and water into the bowl of a blender; blend until the rice just begins to break up, about 1 minute. Let rice and water stand at room temperature for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Strain the rice water into a pitcher and discard the rice. Stir the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, and rum into the rice water. Chill and stir before serving over ice.